Continuing your leadership development
The PADI Assistant Instructor program continues your leadership advancement in the PADI System of diver education and allows you to begin teaching and certifying students.
The PADI Assistant Instructor program provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. If you meet the above criteria then this program will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs.
To begin PADI Assistant Instructor training, you'll need these prerequisites:
1. Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organization.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
4. Have completed and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation.
The PADI Assistant Instructor program consists of:
1. Formal training in conducting PADI programs and experience programs.
2. Independent study assignments.
3. Practical application sessions.
4. Written examinations: The theory tests, very similar to those in the Divemaster program; and a test on PADI standards.
1. PADI Instructor Manual (also available in CD-ROM)
2. PADI Assistant Instructor Workbook
3. Recreational Dive Planner Table and Wheel versions
The Assistant Instructor course is an excellent way to prepare for the PADI Instructor Development Course, or IDC.
The staff at Kelly's and Aquanuts takes pride in conducting thorough Assistant Instructor training programs. Because we also participate in teaching IDCs, we are very qualified to produce high-caliber AIs who are also well prepared to attend an IDC.
Classes can start whenever you're ready!
We are always available to answer any questions you might have about this and other courses. Please feel free to call us to discuss your training.
Course fee: $550
- back to top -